Skate Canada program:
Tot Skaters age 3-5.
Can Skaters ages 5-12.
Teen Skaters are allowed to join CanSkate.
A cap may be made on how many Tot Skaters (3&4 year olds) can register for a session.
Can Skate is Skate Canada’s Learn to Skate program
THE BEST CURRICULUM
- A complete series of balance, control and agility skills that will prepare skaters for any ice skating sport or recreational skating.
- Nationally-tested and proven curriculum and delivery methods that guarantee skater success.
- Designed for 90% movement so skaters learn in an active and fun group setting.
THE BEST COACHES
- Nationally certified coaches trained specifically in teaching the mechanics and proper technique of skating.
- Coaches are assisted by trained program assistants.
- Ensures a 1:10 coach/program assistant to skater ratio or lower
THE BEST START
- Provides kids with the best foundation for figure skating, hockey, speed skating and ringette.
- Introduces a healthy, lifelong activity at an early age.
- Promotes fun, fitness and participation.
CanSkate is Skate Canada’s flagship learn-to-skate program,
designed for beginners of all ages. When you sign up for CanSkate you will be in a program that focuses on fun, participation and basic skill development.
Skate Canada has developed a new CanSkate program based on Sport Canada’s Long Term Athlete Development (LTAD) principles. Exciting new features include a fresh new look, new awards, great tools for coaches and most importantly a tested and proven new curriculum and delivery methods that guarantee skater success in developing stronger basic skills and developing them faster. But there’s more! The new program also includes specific skills that pertain to hockey, ringette, speed skating and figure skating. The result is a dynamic new program that prepares all skaters for virtually every ice sport. Skater progress is monitored and documented and badges are awarded when specific skills are mastered. Instruction is provided by both program assistants and NCCP certified coaches.