Be Kind. Be Calm. Be Safe.
– Dr. Bonnie Henry, BC Chief Medical Health Officer
As of OCTOBER 27th, 2021 EVERYONE 12+ ENTERING THE ARENA MUST SHOW PROOF OF VACCINE (fully vaccinated) and ADULTS MUST SHOW PHOTO ID FOR EVERY SKATING SESSION
Updates as of December 23rd, 2021 ALL IN PERSON OFF-ICE CLASSES HAVE BEEN CANCELLED UNTIL JANUARY 18TH, 2022
Updates as of December 23rd, 2021 REGIONALS COMPETITION IS STILL UP IN THE AIR
- EVERYONE 12+ MUST SHOW PROOF OF VACCINE (FULLY VACCINATED) to enter the Arena. Children between the ages of 12-18 do not need to show photo ID.
- FACE MASKS are required to be worn by all spectators, coaches, program assistants and skaters at all times, on and off the ice.
- UNVACCINATED PARENTS are no longer allowed in the arena. They can get skaters dressed in the vehicle and drop the skater at the entrance. CanSkate and PJ parents MUST stay in the vehicle in the parking lot and provide us with a cell phone number to call in case of injury.
- Skaters 12+ who are skating on their scheduled session DO NOT need to show proof of vaccine (CanSkate to SR). If the skater is watching then they MUST show proof of vaccination (example would be skaters waiting in the arena after their session until they PA).
- Please enter through the correct doors – If we are on Main ice enter through Main doors. If we are on Hider ice enter through Hider doors.
- Everyone attending Regional or Provincial competitions, seminars or events MUST SHOW PROOF OF VACCINE (fully vaccinated) as per the BC/YT Section Event Vaccination Policy. This includes skaters, coaches, judges, volunteers, spectators.
The TSC follows guidelines and restrictions set by the Province of BC, the City of Terrace, Skate Canada and the BC/YK Section. The Safety of our Skaters, Coaches and Volunteers is top priority. Please be aware that our Covid-19 Safety plan could be changing on a daily basis.
Go to the Provincial Figure Skating website to see all Return to Figure Skating Guidelines:
Skate Canada BC/YK COVID-19 Information has multiple documents under ‘Resources’ at the bottom of their page.
Please visit the Government of BC website for Provincial Covid-19 Updates https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/info/response
You are not to come to the arena if you are showing any cold / flu / covid signs that match
possible Covid-19 symptoms.
Symptoms include: fever, chills, headache, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, new muscle aches, runny nose, loss of sense of smell or taste, fatigue, diarrhea, loss of appetite, nausea / vomiting.
Less common symptoms: stuffy nose, pink eye, dizziness / confusion, abdominal pain, skin rashes or discoloration of fingers or toes.
TSC Figure Skaters Covid-19 daily routine updated September 20th, 2021:
1.MASKS ARE REQUIRED by everyone inside the Arena common areas and dressing rooms. Updated Aug 24th, 2021
2,All skaters, coaches, volunteers and spectators will stay physically distanced, 2m or 6feet from others
3. Skaters MUST wear a mask off and on the ice. Skaters may remove or pull down their mask when they are skating their program or dance pattern with the music. Updated Sept 20th, 2021
4.PRE JUNIORS MUST WEAR A MASK ON ICE. PRE JUNIORS SHOULD HAVE A ZIPLOC BAG TO PUT THEIR MASK IN ON JR SESSIONS IF THEY WISH TO TAKE IT OFF
5.Coaches will wear a non medical mask or face shield while coaching on the ice during PJ/ Jr / Int / Sr figure skating sessions. Updated Aug 24th, 2021
6. Skaters, Coaches & Volunteers will sanitize hands as you walk in the arena and as you are leaving the building.
10. Skaters must take off gloves / mitts and put them in their basket to blow their nose, then must hand sanitize before putting the gloves / mitts back on.
11. Club items / carts / teaching tools / ipods / ipad will be sanitized at the end of each skating day.
12. If skaters needs to use the washroom, leave your gloves /mitts in your basket. You may want to take your own disinfectant wipes and clean surfaces before you use them. You may only use the designated washroom in your change room (per the City of Terrace rules). You MUST wash hands with soap and warm water for 20 seconds after using the washroom.After putting your guards on the boards, hand sanitize when you are at your basket, then put your gloves /mitts back on.
13.When ice session is over, skaters should take their gloves /mitts off and put them in their basket. Skater should sanitize and will put on their mask.
14. Off-ice classes will follow public health / City of Terrace suggestions. SKATERS WILL WEAR A MASK IN OFF ICE WHEN THEY ARE MOVING AROUND THE ROOM. WHEN SKATERS ARE SEATED ON THEIR YOGA MATS SPACED APART THEY MAY REMOVE THEIR MASKS
15. Parents MUST pick skaters up on time or the skater will be standing outside alone. TSC is not responsible for your skater once the session is over.
16. Coaches & Board members must wear a mask in the club office.
17. Each session will have 2 VOLUNTEERS: Screener/Music Player/Guardian who will be responsible for that full session time (on-ice and off-ice). All parents of skaters who are registered in the figure skating program will have to take volunteer shifts. Updated Oct 27th, 2021
Wash your hard rubber skate guards with warm water and soap on a weekly basis to keep dirt out of them / off your blades. This will also remove bacteria. Don’t forget to wash your soft blade covers and your towel used to dry your blades!
- Check vaccine passports of everyone 12+ who is entering the building
- Check vaccine passports of spectators for events with over 50 people
- Check skaters are going into correct dressing rooms
- Lock dressing rooms
- Check dressing rooms after skaters leave
- Stay for off-ice
- Get & Put away harness when asked
- Play music
- Assist skaters if the need help (bathroom, masks, skates re-tied)
- Play all dance music on list – skaters DO NOT get to request only COACHES
- Play 2 artistic/showcase at the START of freeksate – then start playing freeskate programs
- Each skate gets ONE PIECE OF MUSIC before anyone gets another.
- Put a check beside the skaters music you played so everyone gets equal music time.
- ONLY COACHES CAN REQUEST MUSIC
- Check the sheet to make sure programs are getting alternated (skater at the top of the list should not be first to get their music each day)
TSC Figure Skaters are required to bring the following items to each session updated August 24th 2021:
1. A basket (plastic that can be cleaned) for all items listed below will be brought to ice / boards.
2. A bottle of hand sanitzer (either pump or squeeze bottle).
3. A water bottle that must be washed at home daily.
4. A clean pair of gloves /mitts. You should wash your gloves /mitts daily if possible or have enough pairs for one week (then wash all at the end of the week). Wash them with laundry detergent on the warmest water setting.
5. Kleenex. Bring a zip lock bag clearly marked with ‘kleenex’ in it. This will only be for clean unused kleenex. The Club will not be supplying kleenex.
6. Garbage bag. Bring a zip lock bag clearly marked ‘garbage’. This will be for your dirty kleenex or dirty wipes if a garbage bin is not easily accessible.
7. Non medical mask. Bring a zip lock bag clearly marked ‘Mask’. You will wear it into the rink, in the change rooms and when leaving the rink. You may need to wear this on the ice if you cannot physically distance. You are allowed to wear it during the ice session if you’d like. Any skater wanting to go into the harness MUST wear a mask (the coach also has to wear one to use the harness). Be sure to try masks at home while doing your off-ice jumps.
Only touch your mask by the ear loops.
If you hand sanitize before and after touching your mask, you will only need one mask per skating day. (Program Assistants/Helpers will be provided a second mask for LTS or CS).
If you place your mask in a plastic bag between using it, leave the bag open so it does not create more moisture /bacteria.
Please wash re-usables after each use with laundry detergent in the warmest water setting.
8. First aid items. Bring a zip lock bag clearly marked ‘First Aid’. You should have some band aids & blister band aids etc.
Coaches must wear a mask and first aid gloves when preforming any sort of first aid with the exception of;
Life saving first aid (mouth to mouth) would have the use of a first aid one way valve.
IF YOU FEEL SICK DURING A SESSION:
If a skater is suddenly feeling sick / ill during a session, the skater must let the coach know rigth away. The coach or music player or screener will contact the parent. The skater will wait in a designated spot determined by the screener until the parent retrieves the skater.
A doctors note may be required for you to return to skating after an illness.
If you are diagnosed with Covid-19, a doctors note will be needed to return to skating.
Photo ideas of basket items: